Transform Your Figure after Significant Weight Loss
After your bariatric surgery, you were delighted when the weight started to come off. However, now that you have reached your weight loss goals, you may be disheartened to find that sagging skin detracts from your figure. Fortunately, Dr. Daniel Huacuz and his team of surgeons can perform a full body lift at their Tijuana, Mexico, practice. During this treatment, we will combine several body contouring procedures to remove excess and sagging skin. At Certified Bariatric Surgeons, full body lifts are customized procedures. We will create a one-of-a-kind treatment plan for you. We will also provide post-surgical guidance to reduce discomfort.
Are You a Candidate for a Full Body Lift?
If you have sagging skin or displaced fat deposits after massive weight loss, you may be a good candidate for a full body lift. However, to qualify for treatment, you should already be at a healthy weight. You should not undergo cosmetic surgery if you still plan to lose more weight, or if your weight has not stabilized. It is recommended that you do not undergo body contouring for 18 months to three years after bariatric surgery.
Your surgeon will consider the quality of your skin when determining your candidacy for body contouring. For optimal results, you should have some degree of skin elasticity. Also, severe sun damage can leave your skin dry and brittle, which may affect your eligibility for treatment.
We will also evaluate your overall health. Certain conditions, such as autoimmune diseases, blood disorders, or diabetes could compromise healing. These systemic conditions will not automatically disqualify you from treatment. However, we need to know your complete medical history. Then we can make a fully informed decision about your candidacy for a body lift.
Possible Body Lift Combinations
Your treatment plan could include a variety of body contouring procedures. The right options will depend on the areas that you want to address, as well as the amount of excess skin. Common treatments include:
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is one of the most popular treatments to include. Not only will your surgeon remove sagging skin. In some cases, he will also repair damaged abdominal muscles and reposition your naval.
- Arm lift: During an arm lift, we will remove excess, damaged skin from your upper arms. To perform the treatment, we will create an incision along the inside or back of your arm. In some cases, we can place the incision in your underarm area.
- Thigh lift: There are several thigh lift methods. With these various techniques, your surgeon can remove damaged skin from the inside, top, or side of your thighs.
- Breast lift: For women, a breast lift can result in a curvier figure. Your surgeon will remove sagging skin, lift sagging muscles, and in some cases, reposition your nipples and areolas.
- Liposuction: We can perform liposuction during any of the procedures listed above. Using a tiny tube-like device, we will loosen and remove excess fat deposits.
What to Expect during Your Full Body Lift
Your body lift procedure will depend on your unique treatment plan. Often, your surgeon will address the entire lower half of your body by creating a circumferential incision along your abdomen and thighs. Through this opening, he can trim excess skin, and can perform liposuction, as needed.
A full body lift can transform your appearance. Due to its comprehensive nature, you can look dramatically slimmer, healthier, and younger.
Since body lifts are more extensive treatments, you will usually spend two to three nights in the hospital. Your doctor may prescribe medication therapy to reduce discomfort. When you return home or, in the case of out-of-town patients, to your hotel, your surgeon will check on you and regularly monitor your progress.
The Benefits of a Full Body Lift
A full body lift can transform your appearance. Due to its comprehensive nature, you can look dramatically slimmer, healthier, and younger. You may feel more confident wearing swimwear, shorts, and a wider range of apparel. Most importantly, your figure will more accurately reflect your commitment to your health and the results of your weight loss journey.
Find Out If a Body Lift Is Right for You
At Certified Bariatric Surgeons, our doctors will create a personalized treatment plan for you, as well as provide thorough post-surgical guidance. To learn more about body lift surgery and which procedures to include in your treatment plan, contact us today.